Who Are They?
Bitehaus Dental is a modern dental clinic located in downtown Toronto. As a growing company, they were opening their second clinic in Toronto. They needed support in the planning and design of a new IT infrastructure for the new clinic.
The opportunity to open a new location came as an exciting but extremely challenging event for the owners. Especially as the planning and design happened in the thick of the pandemic.
Bitehaus cared deeply about the design and feeling of their clinic and technology had a huge role to play.
The Client’s Vision
“Our vision for our office was to have a very clean look. We had an office previously, and we wanted to emulate some of the design elements of it… Overall we wanted it to be slick, cool and comfortable and have the technology that brings it all together and made it as familiar as our other office.” – Dr. Anand Iyer, Owner, Bitehaus Dental Clinic
We ensured we had a clear idea of Bitehaus’ vision before even looking at a floorplan. Bitehaus identified the following goals for their new clinic:
- Sleek and impressive design with the technology to match
- Creating an “extension” of their current clinic where patient data and booking could be streamlined and easy across both locations
- Ensuring Apple technology and supporting patient management software was powerful enough to support their needs as a modern dental clinic.
What We Did
Step 1) Planning
They wanted a sleek and cool space. We ensured we could make it happen by getting involved early in the planning process. It’s difficult to be a modern and sleek dental clinic, without the technology to match. We planned every square inch of their technology – literally!
The clients approached us to ensure all the Apple-based IT was set-up and ready for the opening. Thank goodness they came so early. It was a major advantage to be involved from the start of the planning process.
Through ongoing virtual meetings, we led design of the most ideal set-up for every element of their technology infrastructure from going over their floor plans. This prepared us for a site visit where we could efficiently:
- Measure every single cabinet to figure out ideal locations of computers, monitors, servers, routers
- Count the power outlets and network ports, ensuring enough power and connection for all devices
- Design custom swiveling arms for monitors that could be easily viewed by dentists and patients.
“Most dental offices in Toronto don’t use Apple products. It does require us to find the right programs to make it work. Having said that, we’ve had Apple in our office before and our staff is well-trained on it. We are also Apple users at home so the transition has been easy. We like the interface – everything seems very clean, and aesthetically the new M1 iMacs look fantastic and add to the design of the office.” – Dr. Anand Iyer, Owner, Bitehaus Dental Clinic
Step 2 ) Design
They wanted the proper Apple tech to fit their needs. We consulted every part of their design and implementation of new devices and software. After spending our time planning carefully, we were ready to build out the design in the clinic itself. Because we took the time in planning, our team could rehearse and know with certainty our plan of action in actually installing and setting up Bitehaus’ tech.
We were involved in every element of their technology design including:
- Ensuring iPads were connected to the network to be used for client intakes and stored across both clinics
- Ensuring they had the right Internet Service Provider to ensure the network was fast enough for their needs and desired client experience.
- Consulting with the X-ray manufacturers and Apple to ensure we were purchasing machines with the proper technology requirements.
- Consulting on the best security cameras
- Consulting a new VOIP phone system to connect both offices
- Consulting on the best client management software and set them up with Mac Practice a state-of-the-art clients management tool for MacOS and iOS.
“We started off with design blueprints, showed those designs to Alary. We showed those designs to Alary and they took onboard a lot of the things we needed and provided suggestions for how we could improve it to make it a more robust and streamlined experience.”
Step 3) Ongoing Support
They wanted flexible and communicative IT consultants.
All the services listed above are included as part of AlaryStart Services. Building the tech from the ground up of a new clinic is no easy task, but through one simple set of services, the client has easy access to us to ask questions, provide updates, and change plans.
After the initial setup, Bitehaus took advantage of AlaryCare Managed IT services. So their day-to-day data, workflow, maintenance and patient confidentiality is consistently protected and monitored on their shiny new machines.
We made the process as clean and easy as brushing your teeth!
“Prior to working with Alary we had another IT provider, after we had some challenges, we reached out to Apple directly and Alary came recommended…Alary was very good at communicating, and replying to the questions and concerns we raised. We had certain design restraints, with supply chain issues during COVID, we were able to modify and change things as needed. They’re very flexible to changing needs and it was very easy to communicate with them” – Dr. Anand Iyer, Owner, Bitehaus Dental Clinic
We’re proud to say the new clinic opening went smoothly. Everything was aligned and perfectly running by the time Bitehaus opened their doors.
There are a couple of key things we learned while working with Bitehaus:
- Every clinic is unique in their workflow and operations, so it’s important to think ahead and spend a lot of time in the planning stages.
- It’s a major benefit to have IT consult from the very beginning stages of designing a new clinic.
- Dental clinics are different from other medical clinics, as they have very specialized tools and equipment. We’re fortunate to be one of the only IT service providers who have knowledge in both Apple-based hardware (macs, iPads, iPhones) and Apple-based medical software (Mac Practice).
“For anyone who uses or is considering using Macs, Alary has been incredibly helpful for us.”
If you’re planning the set up of a new office, or simply need help improving what you already have, we are here for you as one of the only Apple-based IT service providers in the GTA. Starting your next big tech upgrade? We offer free quotes and initial consultations, so don’t hesitate to reach out.
To find out more about our approach to IT support for dental clinics here