Who Are They
Bitehaus Dental is a modern and contemporary dental clinic located in downtown Toronto. Bitehaus offers thoughtful and modern dental experiences for their patients. The company has a strong desire to incorporate the latest technology to its fullest potential in their practice, making both client and practitioner experiences easier, smoother and more comfortable.
Why Did they Call?
We were recommended from a local Apple Store, as this clinic used Apple products in their practice. Having worked with other IT consultants who weren’t specialized in Apple computers, they were hoping our expertise could make the process of setting up the technology infrastructure and systems easier and more streamlined.
Bitehaus was looking to be on the cutting edge of technology so they could provide a comfortable and impressive patient experience. They wanted patients to be able to listen to music while in the chair, or even watch YouTube and Netflix as they got their teeth cleaned.
The other side of our work was to improve the technology systems for Bitehaus employees. They wanted their dentists and technicians to easily access and edit patient files, have all their dental equipment integrated with their network, as well as improve the communication between clinic and patients through use of technology.
They historically had a lot of network and internet trouble meaning they couldn’t operate in the way they needed to, and wanted a more reliable system with less down time.
As a new clinic, Bitehaus was in the process of completely implementing all their practice equipment, their computers, their devices and their internet network to ensure everything worked well together. They used AlaryStart Services to work from the ground up on their devices, network, and patient management system getting a complete technological upgrade.
- Device and Workstation Start – We started with their devices and operating systems ensuring everything was updated with the most recent versions of software to ensure security and efficiency in the process. Once we had a strong network and all the dental equipment, patient files, and technology connected, we could ensure everything worked seamlessly and smoothly together.
- Network and Server Start – We took a look at their network, and suggested updates to both their wired and wireless networks. We added new MacPractice Servers and wireless servers to better meet the needs of this growing practice. We made it possible for all equipment and computers to communicate through the entire practice. and Through implementing both wired and wireless network options, we were able to create a much more reliable network that didn’t leave the dentists with as much downtime and inability to serve their patients.
- Storage Start – As a dental clinic, they have many high resolution X Rays, photos and patient data to secure. We upgraded their servers and storage so they could be sure to have enough space to store their information for years to come, and also ensured their storage and backups were private and secure to protect their patient’s confidentiality.
- EMR Start – We consulted on the best software for Bitehaus’ needs. We ensured their patient management system was installed and working properly in all areas of the clinic, so client information was easy to access, update and share within the team.
What They Said
“It has been pretty seamless. We’re working with a company we’re confident with and trust their decisions…One of the best parts working with Alary has been their communication. They are there and the end of a phone call, email, or text message if things are urgent…The confidence in the relationship has been paramount. There have been many instances of awkward days or awkward times where they’ve been able to turn things around for us and get things back up and running. That allows for us to not have any outage days in terms of seeing patients and work as smoothly as possible.”
– Dr. Whitaker, General Dentist & Location Owner
The most important thing clinics should remember is to get a technology consultant as early as possible. We were able to offer better solutions for Bitehaus, because we had the opportunity to consult in early stages and provide insight into the planning that made the implementation a much smoother process.
As you’re designing your space, it’s important to take technical needs into account. It’s quite possible something will be missed or left out during planning if you’re looking for modern systems like these clients.
We provide free consultations, so if you’re looking for proactive solutions to getting your clinic into the modern world, reach out!
To find out more about our approach to It support for Apple users please contact us here